Melteca Decorated Board is a versatile pre-decorated panel with a durable melamine surface on both sides. For interior use only. Melteca Decorated Board is available in a range of decors, on a choice of substrates, sizes &
Never use any of the following Abrasive cleaners:
Jif, Vim, Ajax, Chemico, Brasso, Oven Cleaners, neat Janola, wire wool, scourer pads, sandpaper.
- Wash down with warm water with a small amount of detergent. For best results use streak free glass cleaner with a soft cloth.
- For textured finishes (stipple, wood grain, etc) the periodic use of a soft brush may be necessary for the removal of dirt build-ups and residues left by some spray-on cleaners.
- Hair rinse, Janola (neat), Harpic, oven cleaners - wash with hot soapy water then wipe dry.
- Fabric Dye – wash with cold water, then wipe dry. Then apply methylated spirits, and wipe dry.
- Battery acid, Hydrogen Peroxide, Glue hardners – wash with cold water, then wipe dry.
- Hair Dye – wash with methylated spirits, then wipe dry.
- Leather Dye – wash with methylated spirits, then wipe dry. Follow with mineral turpentine wash and wipe dry.
Stain and Mark Removal
- Stubborn marks or stains – apply Handy Andy or diluted Janola (1 part to 3 parts water), then wipe down with a warm damp cloth.
- Smearing, finger marks, marking from cold or hot dishes, stickiness – apply 1 or 2 applications of acetone (available at pharmacies) and wipe over with dry cloth.
- Newsprint – use methylated spirits or mineral turpentine
- Rust – use vinegar or lemon juice
- Pencil – use water and a damp cloth
- Felt pen or dry marker - use methylated spirits or acetone
- Paint – use acetone or Duco Lacquer thinners (from a paint shop)
- Glue – contact type – use Ados Solvent N (from a paint shop)
Once again with any of the above use streak free glass cleaner to remove any residues.